View Single Post
Unread 02-18-2024, 08:16 AM   #6
Brush Buster
PGCA Member
Second Badge

Member Info

Thanked 3,572 Times in 1,103 Posts

You haven't mentioned the frame size ,but at a little over or around 6Lb. and the early serial # for a 28 Gauge Parker , I would assume it is an O Frame 28 Gauge ,much less desirable in most folks opinion than a OO Framed 28 Gauge , that is with Grade and condition the same ! As everyone has said more of a refresh than a restoration ! So far no one has said about the bottom trigger plate sticking down on the one side so badly and not even close to fitting , Bill mentioned not reassembled very well after the refresh ,probably what he is referring to ,but since the gun has been recase colored and with that poor fitting trigger plate ,I would be very concerned about the frame possibly being warped ? All that said it is a 28 Gauge and has desirability , Just my opinion but if you are looking for a 28 Gauge and you decide on this particular gun ,I wouldn't get in too deep ! I wouldn't be too surprised on a Gun Broker auction it may bring close to 8 Grand if you weren't real familiar with Parker guns fit and finish but I wouldn't think any where near 10 Grand ! Of course again ,Just my Opinion ! Good Luck with it should you decide to purchase the gun !
Russ Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Russ Jackson For Your Post: