View Single Post
Unread 06-08-2022, 12:16 AM   #9
Phil C
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 5,948 Times in 1,437 Posts

First Troy I am sorry that you are having to go through this with Hazel. These things are never easy. At times like these it is normal to make decisions based on emotions, we all do it.
Sometimes we proceed to treat our animals at a great expense even when we know, there is little hope and without consideration on the toll the treatment will take on our animals, and the financial impact to our family.
Is she in pain? Will the treatment cause her more pain and impact the quality of time she has left to be with you and your family?
I believe if you decide to not move on with an experimental treatment and enjoy the time you have with her until you know she deserves to be without any pain. You will have little regret.
Do not make a decision to treat Hazel based on you or your family’s emotions, make your decision on what is best for her, and the likelihood of any sort of quality of life during or after the treatment.
I hope this does not come across as being unkind but I have been down this road a few times over the years.
My heart goes out to you.
Phillip Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Phillip Carr For Your Post: