Thread: What if??
View Single Post
I agree with you-
Unread 10-20-2011, 07:40 AM   #16
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default I agree with you-

[quote=Brian Dudley;52529]Sorry Tom about using the adjective that I did. However, the practice of sticking unrelated brand names in an auction title for the purpose of generating more search hits just plain irritates me.
Or maybe it is being done with this gun for a perfectly legit reason.

Another good example of this that I see often is "Baker Shotgun: NOT Lefever, Parker, Fox." Why tell a buyer what something isn't. Just tell them what it IS and if they are looking for it, then they might -- Let's remember that the gentleman offering this "rare" Smith is selling it (or trying too) NOT on our PGCA Forum (where, were he an annual or LIFE member, he could- for free)but on one of the "Free For All" forums auction website thingys- I call it "Gun Busters" or "Gunz and Roses' in this case (close cousin to the pansies I should guess) The rules of conduct- both written and unwritten (Thou Shalt NOT Speal Evil Of ANY brother PGCA Member) et al- most certainly DO NOT apply here-

Half the clowns selling firearms there miss-describe them, ejectors on a Trojan grade-- rare Doll's Head rib on a Trojan-- I will admit some of them do have good fotos- many of the sellers are Pawn Shops (Hey Chumlee- wake up!!) or other outlets of low repute- many do NOT offer a return for refund- you buy it as is- many do not honor a C&R, or recognize that the BATF rules allow you to ship without the FFL channel if the firearm was made prior to 1896- etc-etc--
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote