View Single Post
American Brittany - Daisy
Unread 07-05-2023, 11:06 AM   #1
Troy Giles
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default American Brittany - Daisy

4th of July weekend of 2022, we lost our French Brittany, Hazel, due to cancer. She had an aggressive melanoma and within 6 weeks or so, she was gone. That was a tough one for a lot of reasons. This 4th of July, our 17 year old American Brittany, Daisy, died in my daughter's arms. An at home euthanasia service was scheduled for today. Within a week or two, her health seriously deteriorated (kidney failure, pancreatitis) and she stopped eating. But she died with all of us around her. She was my daughter's best friend for almost two decades. For me, the hardest part will always be...where the heck did all the years go? We have so many good memories. I seriously hope I can remember a fraction of them.

Now the good news. We got a beautiful little tri-color French Brittany (named Scout) from Ten Bar Ranch in South Dakota. We actually got him almost two years ago knowing there would be some losses coming. Interestingly, he was born on the 4th of July (2021).

While it's hard to go from three beautiful dogs to one, we are certainly thankful to have our Scout. Can't say enough about the people at Ten Bar Ranch in South Dakota. Just great people and great dogs.

Scouty has been a great gun dog companion. I will forever miss Hazel and Daisy. But so thankful for the memories. Looking forward to actually putting together a photo album to help recollect the memories and hopefully keep them forever.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Daisy Photo (RIP).jpg (436.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Scouty.jpg (481.6 KB, 9 views)
Troy Giles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Troy Giles For Your Post: