View Single Post
DHE 32" Titanic Barrels Project:
Unread 02-07-2022, 06:02 PM   #1
Bruce P Bruner
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,941 Times in 361 Posts

Default DHE 32" Titanic Barrels Project:

I viewed a new listing early this morning and hit the "Buy It Now" for $2200.00. The bidding started at $1650 with no reserve. A 1928 Parker DHE 12 Gauge on a 1-1/2 Frame with 32" Titanic Steel Barrels. I felt the gun rightfully deserved some careful rehabilitation to restore it's former glory. It has dents in the barrels, good bores, retains the skeleton butt and has some dings in the stock. The limited photos were just good enough to see it. I called the shop and had them dry fire it and open the action to find out if the ejectors worked, they did and the action was tight. The stock does show some nice figure. The grip cap is missing a chunk, but that's a fairly easy find. There is a piece of zip-strap nylon in the frame, it's function is unknown. I'll have a better evaluation when it's in hand.
Please let me know if you believe I should seek counseling for my seemingly uncontrollable urge to go crazy when I find a deserving orphan Parker Brothers. Some may say I did the right thing, others will sort of scratch their heads. Perhaps it was the Brendan's in my coffee.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Parker DHE Titanic.jpg (132.4 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg Parker DHE Titanic-5.jpg (143.2 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg Parker DHE Titanic-4.jpg (109.6 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg Parker DHE Titanic -2.jpg (89.9 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg Parker DHE titanic -8.jpg (130.1 KB, 93 views)
Bruce P Bruner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bruce P Bruner For Your Post: