View Single Post
Unread 06-26-2022, 11:40 AM   #8
Wild Skies
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,617 Times in 988 Posts

I think most of us would agree that this particular gun is a rare bird. It's likely none of us here have ever encountered a 28ga. Repro w/28" bbls. factory choked IC/IC before. So in that light, to those that value rarity, to those that value originality, to those that simply have got to have the 28" barrel length the IC/IC factory chokes add value.

How much is the question? To those that do not value rarity and originality would perhaps only add the cost to relieve the customarily found M/F chokes to the value -- maybe $100 or so. To those that value rarity, originality and the 28" barrel length, it could be a whole lot more.

Having never seen or heard of another 28ga. 28" Repro factory choked IC/IC, I had some doubts. So I contacted the seller, who is not the owner and asked him to send me a pic of the barrel flats and also asked him to ask the owner how they arrived at the asking price. He got back to me with the pic and the owner's response of its 28" bbls., condition and rarity. The seller told me that all finishes are original, with not a mark on the stock, forend or metal.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greg Baehman For Your Post: