View Single Post
Unread 09-17-2020, 02:50 PM   #16
Kevin McCormack
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,619 Times in 1,024 Posts

[QUOTE=John Bastiani;312205]The Dealer states that Parker never made a BHE 410. Is that correct?

No, it is not correct - of the 3 BHE .410s I know of, the one Dean refers to in TPS is obviously a righteous gun; another owned years ago by a man named Emil Linder is similarly bona fide, and a third, which may or may not be a fake, was auctioned off by Butterfield's (?) some years ago. (There is always the possibility that the Linder gun is the one pictured in TPS).

A couple of things to think about:

Probably the greatest debunking of the "Parker Never Did That" axiom occurred when an obscure Gettysburg PA auction house surfaced the only known AHE .410 which sold north of $100K. Myself and several other PGCA members were invited to examine the gun and spent the better part of two hours with it; I can assure you it was "real."

Another tidbit to gnaw on is the following:

At the time the Linder gun was in the possession of its third owner after Linder's death, it essentially 'disappeared' from the mainstream of collector's media discussion and mention. During approximately the same time period, a man living in WA state reported purchasing 2 sets of Parker .410 barrels with forends out of a fibreboard barrel at a yard sale while vacationing on Cape Cod. There was no mention of serial numbers matching either barrels to forends or whether the barrel sets were for the same gun.

They are out there..........
Kevin McCormack is offline   Reply With Quote