View Single Post
Good Taste is indeed, Timeless
Unread 08-07-2011, 05:03 PM   #5
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Good Taste is indeed, Timeless

[quote=Bruce Day;47855]There were many collectors who bought Parkers 30 or so years ago. Some of those people are reducing their collections now as they age. I am the beneficiary of a couple of those people. They bought nice guns then and I appreciate their good judgment-- We all do- I am amazed at the high prices for Damascus barreled PH and GH guns, many in very well worn condition and with pits in the barrels-- cut off stocks- yet some of the dealers listing on the various gun auction/sales websites extant are asking $3500 plus-- many make the mistake of listing the numerical grade stamp as found on the watertable as the frame size- a Lady seller on Guns Americana has a nice looking DH 20- 28" Titanic Steel barrels that she (or her designated agent) has listed as being on a Number 3 frame-- I'll pay good foldin' money to see a original factory ordered 20 Parker on a number 3 frame-Then we have those who listed their guns as having ejectors, not knowing the difference between them and extractors. The best "Lulu" I've seen to date was one of the Eastern Cabelas Gun Library listings at $2500 for a 4 digit DH, retrofitted with a Trojan barrel set (No 2 frame of course) and Trojan forearm, and the doll's head between the breech balls "epoxy-treated" to fill the gap between the original barrel top rib extension and that of the first series on the Trojan grades- Wow!!:e ek:
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote