Thread: Spin Wheel etc.
View Single Post
Unread 05-25-2023, 06:55 AM   #5
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 11,565 Times in 3,113 Posts

Jerry, Sometimes I think I'm the only person alive who feels this way, but buying just one 'thing', which was made domestically, versus imported, is my duty. How many 'things' do we buy, every day, week in and week out, that add up to $5, $20, whatever, that stay in our own economy? Those few dollars, multiplied by the number of consumers, add up to billions of dollars a year. Then think about the cost of the imported item we didn't buy. That adds up to a tremendous sum, that doesn't go to a foreign country. Those single items, times the number we individually don't buy, times the number of consumers, are items that sit on the shelf, unsold, in those foreign countries, and all of a sudden, imports go down, trade deficit goes down, and more dollars are being circulated in our own country. It's sad to think how many people think "I'm one person, I don't make a difference", when the obvious truth is 'WE' are many people. and not only can we make a difference, WE do make a difference.
When you run into Home Depot, Tractor Supply, whatever, and grab one thing off the shelf, look at the package. It's a rare item, in places like that, that carry items that proudly state "Made In America". More often than not, it will be marked, in tiny letters, somewhere on the back, hard to find, "Made in China". Put it back on the shelf, and walk away. Go to the little Mom & Pop, down the street, and pay a little more. Pretty soon, more American companies are selling a couple more "things" a week, and their costs come down, and so too, does the selling price.
It's probably true; One person can't do squat, but a hundred million American consumers can do anything if they started thinking they're working together.
edgarspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to edgarspencer For Your Post: