Thread: Roll Crimping
View Single Post
Unread 01-24-2023, 10:18 PM   #105
Cory Rams
Forum Associate

Member Info

The drill press works great! I loaded up ten, 3 1/2 inch, 10 gauge yesterday. I have to say the drill spins too fast of RPMs with the zip tie tightened all the way down on the Trigger. I think I melted some of the crimp folds. Next time around I won’t pull the zip tie as tight to slow the RPMs down a bit. I also didn’t smooth out the crimp folds with a heat gun before I cut them so they don’t look as pretty as my other crimps. I just made a few to go out and test and sight in the new Holosun green dot I mounted on my Browning gold 10 gauge so they didn’t have to be pretty. I’ll take my time on round two with them. Loaded up 8 with 2oz of number 5 copper plated lead and 2 with 2oz of lead #2’s along with 36 grains of HS-6. I traded for some shot that was supposed to be number fives and the guy who sent it to me sent me a number two lead shot instead. I don’t know what I want I will end up using the number twos for since I can’t use them for turkey hunting here in Wisconsin. Guess maybe for crows and coyotes?

Cory Rams is offline   Reply With Quote