View Single Post
My Cup Runneth Over
Unread 08-12-2022, 08:25 PM   #1
Steiner
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,079 Times in 470 Posts

Default My Cup Runneth Over

Apologies for the long post. It's been a great few weeks for my relatively recent passion Parker collecting. I posted about the special BHE 20 I was blessed to pick up. (By the way, I never mentioned that that gun came to me from fellow Parker member and friend Josh Loewensteiner. I contacted Josh to let him know what I was looking for and in amazingly short order he had one for me) I also shared a great story of a gratious fellow Parker member that sent me a work order tag for a gun I recently bought. I saved the best (for me) for last. On a recent trip to Jaquas I was looking at their selection of 28 gauge Parkers and the one I was hoping to take a run at turned out to be a VH upgraded to a PH and it just didn't feel right. There was another 28 anomaly, a completely restored (likely Delgrego) VH 28 in "like new" condition but the Serialization book listed it as a 12 gauge gun with 28" barrels. I felt like I needed to know a little more before I would take a whack at owning it. I reached out to our crack research department (Chuck) to see if he could shed some light on this lovely little piece of art. A short couple of days later I got the "good news, bad news" email. Apparently a fat fingered German finished his Leberkassemmel and smeared his greasy finger on the order book and as a result the bore and barrel columns of the subject gun and those on either side were illedgible. BUT, there was a work order tag that 100% verified the little beauty righ down to the Round Ball Grip. She's now a member of the family. IMG-8254.jpg

IMG-8256.jpg

IMG-8257.jpg

IMG-8259.jpg

IMG-8265.jpg

IMG-8267.jpg

IMG-8268.jpg

IMG-8269.jpg

IMG-8270.jpg

IMG-8271.jpg
Dan Steingraber is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Dan Steingraber For Your Post: