View Single Post
Still, he is a Parker man
Unread 08-09-2022, 03:15 PM   #54
John Cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Still, he is a Parker man

Thank you Rob!

Rob guides and trains out of South Fork Hunting Preserve near Royston, Ga. He has been helping me train Buck for the past 2 seasons, and we will be connecting again the coming season. He has been great at bringing Buck along, in spite of me. When Buck instinctively went on point with the first set of quail they put out, Rob jumped on that as something to develop. He understands training for the joy of a hunting companion instead of an intense trial competitor. Makes for easy going, enjoying-the-pleasure-of-the-hunt outings, where part of the pleasure is the dog enjoying his natural instincts without big pressure. Yet, meanwhile, he helps the dog develop deeper skills as we go; and he keeps training me. Buck has fun too!

Rob:"Now I have to get out of here because I cannot afford to be here."

Now, don't let him out of here too easily. He hunts with, I think, what was his mother's Parker. He will have to tell you what model and year. But he knows his guns. I guess he sees some of everything shot by his clients. It was sitting around with him and a fellow, who had an L C Smith, after a training hunt, talking about their guns, when I lamented the poor fate my gun suffered before my dad found it rusting away in an attic of a house he bought, that they got me turned on to the possibility of restoring my gun. So Rob gets some credit for my gun getting restored. The other guy mentioned Turnbull, but Rob said there were other quality gunsmiths closer to Georgia that I could show it to for advice on possibilities. That led me here, which led me to Bill Schwarz.

Rob deserves to be here!
John Cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to John Cleveland For Your Post: