View Single Post
Unread 08-06-2022, 10:31 AM   #47
John Cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mills Morrison View Post
Watch the RST website for 12 gauge.
Mills, the low pressure world is new to me. I have looked at their website, as well as others such as Poiywad, and it seems like there is a systematic supply chain problem, like so much else these days, or is this the way it usually is? It almost sounds like they are shut down by supply issues. How often do they usually put new inventory up on the site in normal times? Even then, their limit of 5 boxes a month would not go far in season. I am going into the third season of training my yellow lab and will probably go to a preserve several times a month for live bird training. If I start shooting the Parker for that, and practice, that would be tight. (The trainer that I work with there shoots a Parker, and when I sent him pictures, he said he’d bet it would become my go to quail gun, as his was. Although, his is a 20th century vintage that can shoot modern shells. In fact, it was a conversation with him and a hunter with an L C Smith after a training session that turned me on to the possibility of restoring mine.) I thought about reloading, but it looks like nobody has components for these 2 1/2 inch low pressure shells either, at least for now. It is almost like the gun will be forced to be a wall hanger for some time. I will try to monitor their site, but the question is how often will they post new inventory in these times? And it sounds like it will be sold out almost overnight.
John Cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote