View Single Post
Unread 12-13-2020, 09:41 PM   #25
Tim Wells
Forum Associate

Member Info

The health condition Winston has is mentioned on some engraving forums but I don't feel it appropriate to mention on forums so I won't do it here to maintain his privacy. As for photos of his work, there simply aren't that many of them. He isn't engraving anymore and hasn't for several years. The last project he started was a Colt SAA collaboration with my friend Damien Connolly who ended up having to finish the job due to Winston's condition.

He hasn't engraved all that many guns over his career as compared to some who have done hundreds. He is self admittedly an"agonizingly slow" engraver and is probably why his game scenes in particular are so photographically realistic and rival the realism of the Fracassi's, Lovenberg and the like, just top notch work.

The fact that there are not a large number of his works viewable by the public enhances his exclusivity and few ever surface for viewing or for sale. Most of the photographs taken of his work were taken by him and he never just sent that stuff out like people do nowadays. Why, I don't know, maybe client related.
Tim Wells is offline   Reply With Quote