View Single Post
MIDDLE SEASON DOVES
Unread 11-27-2022, 09:37 PM   #1
J. A. EARLY
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,678 Times in 870 Posts

Default MIDDLE SEASON DOVES

I missed most of the "middle" season for doves. So after putting off getting up before daylight I went three days in a row,as Mosby was going nuts every time I put on my camo. Results were 15, 8, and a final limit of 15. The first day was with a Beretta 12 with ejectors. One has to load fast; ejectors are a necessity. Second day was with a non-ejector 16 Bernadelli Gamecock. This found me with an open gun reloading as a dozen birds in a flock flew by. Thus limited success. The late season means when they start flying, there is one hour of constant shooting usually at daybreak, then its over. The last day I took my favorite 12 A5 made in 1966, modified choke. This solves the quick loading problem. I would often have two birds falling and Mosby was so excited. Two days with a limit in thirty minutes. I know many don't like autos, but the Browning A5 Light Twelve is a different animal at 56 years old!

Looking forward to the third season, December 23 to January 19. No hunting competition at all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2021.jpg (577.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2026.jpg (528.0 KB, 6 views)
Jerry Harlow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jerry Harlow For Your Post: