View Single Post
Unread 08-01-2022, 04:15 PM   #5
ArtS
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,011 Times in 396 Posts

I just finished over the course of the last month building up a complete set of the magazines. I had about 60-70 of them and had worked hard with DGJ, eBay and Amazon to complete the set. The last two are supposedly in the mail. One from eBay is due tomorrow. The last shipment from DGJ arrived a week ago and one of them was the wrong issue. They were supposed to ship the replacement but said it might be a few weeks due to shipping it a lower rate. It ticked me off, but I guess this explains it.

It surprises me, after their long run, but you wonder where information and research will be shared among collectors. Not being negative about the individual clubs and associations, but their formats are not really adequate to dissiminate detailed research and reports. I don't know of any US journals that will provide the service they did. In my mind, they jumped started the collector arena's growth and were the leading source of information on a wide scale. Hopefully something will replace them.

As an aside, they have a pretty complete supply of back issues available. All of them but the first few years are priced at $10, I believe. I presume that they will still be selling back issues.
Arthur Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Arthur Shaffer For Your Post: