View Single Post
New owner of 28 Parker Repro
Unread 07-20-2022, 08:54 PM   #1
Jim Starr
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default New owner of 28 Parker Repro

Hi -- As the title states, I just purchased a 28 gauge Parker Reproduction and have a few questions that I hope you can help me with. The gun has 26" barrels choked IC/M, PG, ST and splinter forearm. The gun itself is in excellent condition -- no discernible wear at all on the metal but the wood has a couple of small rub marks (no dents or scratches). The biggest problem is with the case. First, I think they came with a canvas outer case which I did not get. Second, the outside of the leather case is in good shape but the inside could use some help. There are 2 wood blocks that hold the receiver in place and these are loose (unglued). The same thing for square compartment that I think is for an oil bottle. I also did not receive the oil bottle or snap caps. Were these usually supplied with the gun? Finally, the felt itself is not in great shape. it's not torn up but pretty dirty. I'm wondering if there is anybody that could restore a case like this. I purchased this gun locally and think I got a pretty fair deal at $3500. I would like to get the case into as good a condition as the gun.
Jim Starr is offline   Reply With Quote