Thread: Young Hunters
View Single Post
Unread 12-12-2009, 09:23 PM   #3
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,048 Times in 1,727 Posts

Robin,As Dean has stated this is a great topic and a continuation of your's and my conversation of yesterday. I think you both have pretty much nailed it. The combination of peer pressure and other diversions ie:electronic stuff etc.has taken the lure of the out-of -doors away from a lot of kids.

I can only offer what I know in my own life to be true.I have raised my son with one philosophy and that is that kids want your time.It really doesn't matter what you are doing with them they just want ya around.When Danny was real young we just went on adventures.Movies,parks museums,ball games ,fishing,hunting or just hikes in the woods,whatever. It just made the bond stronger.I feel that the more things young people are exposed to the better educated they are to make good choices.

When it was time for sports I supported him in any way I could from coaching till he was 14 or just being at his games once he got to Legion ball.Now to my suprise he is supporting me and my love of Parkers and the out- of -doors by activly taking part.

Don,t get me wrong he still love's his video games but if I tell him"road trip" he is outta here!

Last edited by Dave Suponski; 12-13-2009 at 08:50 AM..
Dave Suponski is offline   Reply With Quote