View Single Post
Update of NSSA patches and pins-
Unread 09-13-2009, 09:47 PM   #6
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Update of NSSA patches and pins-

I was at the Kent County Conservation League Gun Club last Tuesday 8th. Sept. and that was indeed the home club of Mrs. Marion Shields- her husband Marion was a top-ranked skeet shooter, her name is Jeanine, there were many fotos of her in the clubhouse. She was on the 1959 State Ladies Skeet team as Captain-I left the information about her 1960 Champions patch with the club manager.

Since then I found the following award pin in a box of older licenses and backtags-The pin is about the size of a half-dollar coin, bronze I should guess, with the lettering in a red ring all caps- GREAT WESTERN CHAMPION- inside the red ring and the letters an Indian chief on horseback is depicted, holding a spear in his right hand and a long train of feathers from his headband extensing downward past his moccasins-the stamped markings on the back read as follows-

GREAT WESTERN N.S.S.A. REGIONAL SKEET CHAMPIONSHIPS 1956 Lincoln Park Gun Club CHICAGO, ILL. This pin in is in Mint condition, the hinged pin and locking clip are 100% intact. Any way of knowing who might have won this award in 1956?? Thanks-- F.M.
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote