View Single Post
Unread 02-02-2022, 08:18 PM   #10
Cold Spring
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 6,312 Times in 1,219 Posts

Daryl, the one Lever (aka Floating Sear, Ejector Sear)) was completely worn out and the other one was close. Also, one of the lugs on the Toggle Block (Cocking Toggle) was broken off and that contributed to the problem. As you probably know, Parker ejector parts are pretty much unobtainable except for some new/used ones generally held close to the chest. The one exception are the newly made ejector hammers advertised by Joe Breda in the PP. Anyway I made a new Toggle Block on the mill. Pic below, the broken one is of course at the top. It looks a bit smaller because of the angle of the camera.

I've gotten to understand the Parker ejector mechanics but someone with more experience would have to comment on the need for lube. But with that said I don't intend to lube this one when I put it back together for its next round of use.

Stan Hoover, extending those engraving cuts looks like something Gournet can do for a few bucks while at his table at Hausmann's. I've had Geoff do screw head engraving while onsite there in the past. Cost was pretty nominal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Toggle Block.jpg (485.9 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Frank Srebro; 02-03-2022 at 09:24 AM.. Reason: Added info on ejector hammers
Frank Srebro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frank Srebro For Your Post: