View Single Post
Pot of gold
Unread 08-06-2022, 12:40 PM   #1
OH Osthaus
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,138 Times in 3,254 Posts

Default Pot of gold

We went out to the National Warplane Museum last night to attend a performance by the Glen Miller Band

We arrived early with a plan (insert a what happens to plans joke here) to take some pictures of my wife in her 1940s vintage outfit by one of the C-47s they have there. Some may remember the story I told before about my wife’s father’s WWII adventures flying for the OSS. But he was also qualified on the military version of the DC3, and flew them in the Korean War period.

But of course a storm chased us down the valley and we hung out in the main hanger waiting for the show to start and I only got to take a couple shots on B&W film before it hit.

It came down pretty good for a while but was letting up by the time the band took intermission. I walked out the front of the hanger in time to see a rainbow over a couple planes. Afraid it would disappear by the time I ran across a muddy field to get my digital camera out of the truck, I took what I could on my cell, not the best shot but thought I would share it anyway

The plane on the right, designated Whiskey 7 is an actual D-Day survivor- it dropped one of the sticks of airborne troops on Sainte-Mère-Église that morning.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9DFF98EC-2E77-4941-B097-7B47A9996DD5.jpg (411.3 KB, 10 views)