HUNTING dogs
Unread 07-25-2022, 07:39 AM   #10
ahfoxman
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default HUNTING dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Koneski View Post
We're not fans of AKC. Elitist snobs. We had American Bulldogs decades ago and AKC didn't recognize that breed even though it was older and more pure than most of the breeds they did recognize at the time. AKC had bought out FDSB and said they will no longer accept English Setter registrations from FDSB after July 1. My wife spoke to s girl at AKC and she said they are not registering Setters now because "They already have too many." Seriously?? It's like dealing with schoolgirls.
The long and short of it is: I have hunted over a lot of different pointing breeds and the Einsteins show up in all of them. For the last 65yrs, I have primarily hunted grouse and now have two outstanding older Labs that point. They were both given to my wife and I by a trainer/trialer friend who likes our retirement 'dog' environment, as our hunting dogs live in the house with us. That way our buddies are always having their 'education' reinforced. So, after you decide on the breed and breeder, close your eyes, stick your hand in the puppy box, and grab first one to check you out, repeat until you get the sex you want; then All the Very Best of Good Luck and Enjoyable Hunting. PM me with your phone number and I can forward videos of my troops working. One of the best 'grouse dogs' I have hunted over was a Gordon owned by a close hunting buddy. He had two, one an absolute flawless bird machine, the other as dumb as they come. Sadly, all are long gone, a problem with living too long, best old friends, both 2 and 4 legged, are no longer with us. I now hunt mine one at a time, more fun for me and at an crippled arthritic 82; much easier.
Tom Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tom Kidd For Your Post: