View Single Post
Unread 12-06-2016, 07:39 PM   #57
Kirk Mckinney
Forum Associate

Member Info

Gentlemen. Finally got to hunt with the longshot/bismuth load. I thought I would give you a report. Went to a 40 aced lake here in Texas on public land. As we pulled up we saw flashlight shining on the north side of the lake. We got out and watched as 4 guys were busy putting out a spread. This meant only one thing, we were going to have to hunt with the north wind in our faces. We decided we weren't going to be denied as we put out or decoys. Any ducks coming into our decoys had to drop over the tall oaks behind us to either land in a small area behind the decoys or out infront of them. The only other option was to go to the decoys across the lake and land into the calm waters on the north bank. Not really the start I wanted. I had assumed since it was Tuesday we would have the lake to ourselves. As we sat with the wind and mist in our faces about 6 ducks came over the lake, circled a couple times and yes headed towards the other guys decoys. Sounded like 30 rounds went off as the ducks scattered and started climbing heading straight for us . Although they were kind of high and moving fast I drew down on one and let my Fox roar. Longshot is supposed to be a real slow burning and has mild recoil at these velocities and sound great . Like a rock that mallard crashed through those tall oaks. Stone dead. Great load. Happy hunting. See you there next Tuesday
Kirk Mckinney is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kirk Mckinney For Your Post: