View Single Post
Unread 07-25-2022, 04:49 PM   #12
Bob Brown
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanks for all the advice and info. The NAVHDA looks like a great organization. Unfortunately no chapters or registered breeders in Manitoba, or any where close to where I live. I know that if I want the ultimate bird dog I should do the research and look far afield to find the best hunting blood lines and competitively successful breeders. I could do all that, get on a waiting list, spend many thousands of dollars, and still might find that the personality of the pup I buy doesn't fit me, my wife, or our my two small dogs and two house cats.
My wife and I drove down to see the GLP breeder. A very nice, very German retired couple who have been in Canada since 1993. They were very welcoming and wanted us to take as much time as we needed. We took our two small dogs (one about 6 pounds) to check for compatibility. We spent several hours with the breeders, pups, and parents. One male pup really stood out. Bold without being aggressive, smart, affectionate, and responsive. The breeders believe in holding on to the puppies for longer than other breeders. When I got home we had a bit of a language barrier to overcome. The breeders first language was German. After I went on you tube and worked on my commands in German it was much better. He bonded with my wife and I almost immediately. I'm very happy with him.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Riverbytheriver.jpg (474.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Riverbyriver2.jpg (375.2 KB, 8 views)
Bob Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bob Brown For Your Post: