View Single Post
Unread 02-01-2023, 01:40 PM   #65
John Cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Flanders View Post
Someone needs to get a few boxes of shells to John. We need a followup report on this gun, to include pics of it in the field taking birds!!
Richard, I have been off the forum for a time between the holidays and traveling, and while searching for low pressure shells and/or appropriate reloading components.

Hodgdon sent me a reloading table for 2 1/2" shells with low pressures. I think I can source all the components, EXCEPT the powder, which is their Universal. Seems simply unavailable, although I am on a waiting list at one vendor.

HOWEVER, through the hunting preserve's connection with a fine gun dealer, I managed to score a couple of boxes of RST 2 1/2 light loads.

So, yesterday I took "Lazarus" on a training quail hunt with my dog, "Buck". It was a great day all around. The dog hunted great. So did the Parker. I did not realize how much better it seems I would shoot with a gun that fits so well.

Remember that 3", of 30", were cut off because of a crack at the muzzle, and it is virtually a no choke gun. This worked great at most quail flush shots, and I took down one bird with one pellet in a shot that I knew was just under the bird. The apparent wide spread was just enough. However, it did quite well at several long shots. It cleanly hit a bird that my companions, both of whom are guides, estimated to be 40-45 yards away. When I have a better supply of shells I need to pattern the barrels.

Anyway, Richard, you asked for pictures from the field. Nobody took the time to take action shots, but I am attaching an after hunt picture with the Parker in hand.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Parker and Buck after Hunt at S. Fork.jpeg (324.0 KB, 4 views)
John Cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to John Cleveland For Your Post: