View Single Post
Unread 07-18-2023, 10:52 AM   #9
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,769 Times in 3,119 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Hillis View Post
Thank you Garry, for sharing that with us. I know the feeling. I've lost too many. At 71 I don't think I want to risk that hurt again. I'm companionless now, as far as dogs go. I think I may have already had my last.
I'm not too far behind you in age, Stan, so I know it's an important consideration as to when we get our last hunting dog. As much as upland bird hunting is our lives, Elaine and I talk about this decision a great deal. I do know that my life (and health) won't be good if I can't hunt over my own dog. I also know I don't want to leave a dog at my life's end. Quite the dilemma.

As I've been known to say (probably too many times according to my wife), there's no manual on how to live out your life, so you just have to do the best you can.

Thanks for your reply. I hope you've got one of those long barreled .410s primed and ready for your dove opener. I look forward to reading your report.
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post: