Thread: New BP 1044 wad
View Single Post
New BP 1044 wad
Unread 03-21-2023, 02:37 PM   #1
Jeff Sweeter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default New BP 1044 wad

I received some of the new BP1044 wads a few days ago,which I am glad BP stepped up and made a wad available for the ten again.The plastic on the petals feels a little softer than the previous Pt1044 that I have a new bag of old stock to compare.Measuring the gas seal,the new wads measure several thousands smaller in diameter than the old ones and smaller yet than Remington SP10 wads I have on hand.The new wad fits OK in a new federal hull,but loose in a Cheddite or dark green Remington hulls I have.Could be a problem with powder migration.As I understand Clay Buster is making these,which I think are and have been top notch.I have in the past loaded shells that the wad didn't fit very tight and powder migration was an issue,and ended up putting a hard card wad beneath the wad to eliminate that.I had Tom Armbrust test this particular load,and it was in specs of where we wanted it,but a pain to load shells that way.I would think Clay Buster and or BP could adjust this wad possibly.Just my observations with the samples I have.Happy Reloading, Jeff.
Jeff Sweeter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Sweeter For Your Post: