View Single Post
Unread 08-24-2012, 03:35 PM   #25
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,976 Times in 1,407 Posts

A few more pictures of the Daly 10ga hammer gun below. I stopped down to the KTP yesterday to measure it up. Subtracting ID from OD I came up with about .115 just ahead of the chamber and about .050 at the muzzle. Bores were .777, choke is almost non existent and what is there is right at the very tip, maybe .007. Cut barrels?????? or manufactured when choke was new and novel???? Anyway it's a nice gun but to my line of thinking a 10ga should be able to reach out and touch them and I don't see jug choking it or god forbid choke tubing it so I passed it up.

While I was there I saw a Remington 1900 12ga leaning in the corner with no tag. It's a KE grade, fluid steel 80% blue and working ejectors, 30" F&M, screws never turned, shootable dimensions. Checkering was all there except for a shiny coat of laquer or shellac which was also been applied to the receiver (very yellow). When I asked about the gun the clerk that was there said he liked Remingtons, set aside for himself, mentioned it was a great gun and less than $300. Then he said he shouldn't buy it because he is paying off a Parker he bought. I offered to relieve him of his anxiety and the Remmy followed me home instead of the Daly

Here's some pics of the Daly:

Pete Lester is offline   Reply With Quote