View Single Post
Unread 12-27-2011, 03:36 PM   #10
Steve McCarty
Forum Associate

Member Info

You can call Keith Kearcher of Bend, Oregon. He makes magic on old barrels. He'll hone the bores if you want and to what degree you want it done unless it makes them too thin.

You will have the barrels back within a month or less. They guy is pretty darn fast, but I live just down the street from him and I go over to his shop and drop my guns off.
He can even have the barrels re-engraved so the Parker name, etc looks new. He is an experienced Parker collector, but today he is "into" double rifles.

You can google him, but if you want your barrels to look like new inside and out it'll set you back almost $600, but you'll have to ask him for exact quote. He can also re-choke as you please and change the chamber length. He is a genius with wood.

I have taken guns to him that were borderline junk, then he waved his magic wand they came back like new, and I was then and am now astounded. I took my GH to him to have the works repaired. I discussed a re-do. He wouldn't do it, saying that the patina was perfect, showing wear and care that made the gun a classic. So he has integrity.

If I had a headache I believe he could do brain surgery. He is very good.
Steve McCarty is offline   Reply With Quote