View Single Post
Unread Yesterday, 04:52 PM   #10
Member
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime
Member
 
Garry L Gordon's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 6,022
Thanks: 17,350
Thanked 13,724 Times in 4,104 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
Wow, what a hunt. An ideal place to try out my 34" 12 gauge DH.
Bill, if you can carry that wonderful gun over 6-8 miles at the ready, you will love chicken hunting.

My BHE is a 1 frame gun and weighs just a smidgen under 7 1/2 lbs. The Outfitter says to be prepared for shots beyond 45 yards. I only took “make able” shots. The guys with autoloaders threw lots of lead. They killed more birds…but not with the same “style” as Dean and I.
__________________
"Doubtless the good Lord could have made a better game bird than bobwhite, and better country to hunt him in...but equally doubtless, he never did." -- Guy de la Valdene (from A Handful of Feathers )

"'I promise you,' he said, 'on my word of honor, I won't die on the opening of the bird season.'" -- Robert Ruark (from The Old Man and the Boy)
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post: