Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Lee Pickens
Good luck to all for the upcoming season.
Garry, will you be back in Minnesota this fall--Elaine's photography and your essays are always looked forward to.
Last winter may have wiped out the quail here, won't know until November, after I get back from the UP.
|
Hey, Harold (Chris, I hope it’s ok if I answer in your thread),
We will indeed be in the Northwoods toward the end of October. Headed to the South Dakota prairie next week to try for a prairie chicken. Hoping the forecast of mid-80s is wrong.
I sure hope some of your West Virginia Bobs made it through, and that your State keeps its program up.
To all: have a memorable quail/bird season.
__________________
"Doubtless the good Lord could have made a better game bird than bobwhite, and better country to hunt him in...but equally doubtless, he never did." -- Guy de la Valdene (from A Handful of Feathers )
"'I promise you,' he said, 'on my word of honor, I won't die on the opening of the bird season.'" -- Robert Ruark (from The Old Man and the Boy)
|