Thread: Quail 2026
View Single Post
Unread 10-02-2026, 10:40 AM   #11
Member
Kentucky Bird Hunter
PGCA Lifetime
Member
 
Dave Tatman's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 644
Thanks: 4,275
Thanked 629 Times in 287 Posts

Default

I have a Parker VH 20 GA with 24” barrels. It started life with 28” barrels, according to the research letter. I like to imagine some good ol’ Kentucky boy wanted himself a fine quail gun and took those 4” off to make one! They actually did a pretty nice job shortening the barrels. It’s a dandy in tight cover, over a pointing dog!
__________________
“I have never in my life seen a Kentuckian who didn’t have a gun, a pack of cards, and a jug of whiskey.”

-Andrew "Old Hickory" Jackson, America's 7th President
Dave Tatman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave Tatman For Your Post: