View Single Post
J.P. Sousa's Purdey
Unread Yesterday, 08:17 AM   #1
Member
Alfred Houde
PGCA Lifetime
Member

Member Info
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,173
Thanks: 504
Thanked 1,322 Times in 408 Posts

Default J.P. Sousa's Purdey

Good morning:

Does anyone happen to know the whereabouts of Sousa's Purdey? A number of years ago I wrote an article about his two L.C. Smith shotguns held in the collection of the National Museum of the Marine Corps. I'd like to do one on his Purdey.

I know that he had a wide range of shotguns and nearly all were sold by his family. I have not located it in any museum collections, so I'm pretty sure that it is in private ownership. A notation in the Purdey ledger shows it with a new owner in 1983, which would be a year after the L.C. Smith guns were donated to the old Marine Corps Museum. I'm sure it has changed hands since. Maybe not.

Anyway, it's a long shot but worth the effort. Thanks in advance for any information.
Alfred Houde is online now   Reply With Quote