View Single Post
Unread 09-28-2026, 06:24 PM   #24
Member
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member
 
Dean Romig's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 34,197
Thanks: 41,738
Thanked 38,436 Times in 13,916 Posts

Default

Dear Chuck, I well remember when you took over from Mark and initially I had my doubts that anybody could match what he had been doing for a decade before you stepped up... but I will say your work and sincere dedication has eclipsed his.
You devoted a whole room and more of your and Margaret's home to keep the PGCA Research Department alive and quite well.
Remembering when Robin Lewis spent a week or more at your house while you digitized the Parker records - What a vast improvement and time-saving venture that turned out to be... Kudos to you both and certainly for Mr. Dunkle's contribution to that endeavor as well.
We all go back a looong way and without the dedication of folks like yourself, the BOD, our editors Mike and Sammy Koneski, MaryBowes, John Dunkle himself, and all the volunteers - I say VOLUNTEERS... we wouldn't have the admiration and envy of all other classic firearms collectors organizations around the globe that we have.
I know that from time to time I've been a PITA to you but you NEVER complained about the extras I asked for over the term of your tenure.

I admire your dedication and I will say your work is impressive my dear friend!

Please give Margaret my best and please thank her for loaning you to us these many years.

My Best to You,
Dean





.
__________________
"I'm a Setter man.
Not because I think they're better than the other breeds,
but because I'm a romantic - stuck on tradition - and to me, a Setter just "belongs" in the grouse picture."

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post: