View Single Post
Unread Today, 11:32 AM   #14
Member
Dylan Rhodes
PGCA Member

Member Info
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 482
Thanks: 299
Thanked 766 Times in 237 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Dudley View Post
That is what they looked like when new. I also have a Meriden gun that never left the company that is the same way. And people ask me why I darken the checkering on Parkers I stock. Because that is how they were done.
Is it an added finish or an artifact of how they were cut? I’ve tinkered with rechecking some low grade beat up guns and the checkering grooves always bothered me. Most recently to combat this I’ve dusted some fine carbon black into fresh cut checkering then applied a single layer of sealer over top to “lock it in”.
Dylan Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dylan Rhodes For Your Post: