View Single Post
It's been an honor but it's time for change
Unread 09-28-2026, 09:14 AM   #1
Member
Pa SxS
PGCA Lifetime
Member
 
Chuck Bishop's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,087
Thanks: 1,378
Thanked 5,832 Times in 1,591 Posts

Default It's been an honor but it's time for change

I’m sorry to Announce that due to Parkinson’s Disease I am stepping down as the PGCA’s Research Chairman starting today. It’s getting too difficult to make my fingers and hands work on the keyboard. Al Houde will be taking over for me and I’m sure he’s going to do a great job. All I ask is that you give him a little time to get up to speed. Try and hold off sending multiple requests for letters for the time being. One at a time would be appreciated. When I close my PGCA P.O. Box, the post office will forward the mail to Al for 1 year so there will be an additional delay in getting your letter back. He will have Mike Koneski as his backup and I’ll always be available to help too. John Dunkle will be revising the online Research Letter form to give the new mailing address and e-mail address on the form. Mary Bowes will automatically send the online Research Letter form to Al. Mike Koneski will be putting a brief good bye from me and a biography for Al in the next Parker Pages.

It’s been a real honor to be your Research Chairman for the past 15 years. I’ve met, corresponded with, and made so many friends thru writing letters. It’s been fun. I look forward to seeing everyone at future shoots and get togethers as long as my health permits.
Best wishes,

Chuck
Chuck Bishop is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 65 Users Say Thank You to Chuck Bishop For Your Post:
Alex Brushwein, Alfred Houde, Bill Jolliff, Bill Murphy, Bob Brown, Bob Kimble, bob lyons, Brian Dudley, Brian Hornacek, bruce a lyons, Bruce P Bruner, Buddy Marson, chris dawe, Chris Pope, Clark McCombe, CraigThompson, Daryl Corona, Dave Noreen, Dave Suponski, Dave Tatman, David Livesay, David Noble, Dean H Hanson, Dean Romig, Dylan Rhodes, edgarspencer, Frank Srebro, Garry L Gordon, Garth Gustafson, George Davis, GunnerGrilli, Henry Verri, James L. Martin, Jay Oliver, Jerry Harlow, Jim Beilke, jimlott, Joe Dreisch, John B White, John Davis, John Dunkle, Jones Cahill, Josh Loewensteiner, Karl Ferguson, keavin nelson, Kenneth Son, Kevin McCormack, Larry Frey, Mike Kobos, Mike Koneski, Mike Poindexter, Mills Morrison, Paul D Narlesky, Phillip Carr, Randy G Roberts, Rick Roemer, Sara LeFever, Stan Hoover, Stephen Hodges, Steve Huffman, Tom Brown, TOM DAMIANI, Victor Wasylyna, Wayne Owens, William Woods