Thread: RIP Dan Carter
View Single Post
Unread Today, 06:20 AM   #8
Member
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime
Member
 
Garry L Gordon's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 6,006
Thanks: 17,304
Thanked 13,639 Times in 4,089 Posts

Default

Dan lived in Massachusetts. In the months that we shared daily emails, he told me of so many things. I've been a "listener" since I was a kid, the one who sat in the corner and was enthralled with the stories I heard. Dan shared many with me over his last months. He mentioned his trips to shoot in New Hampshire, and he spoke very fondly of those times. Dean, he mentioned the kindness you showed him and the council you gave him about his guns. Edgar, you were among his favorites, too. Clark showed him much kindness and encouragement, and some wonderful videos from his farm. All these were of great importance to Dan.

I have learned in my now many years that there are no small things when it comes to people's lives, and that we never know when we might touch someone with kindness or compassion. That lesson can serve us all well as we go through life.

Thanks to those who comment on Dan. I'll be sure to let his family know.
__________________
"Doubtless the good Lord could have made a better game bird than bobwhite, and better country to hunt him in...but equally doubtless, he never did." -- Guy de la Valdene (from A Handful of Feathers )

"'I promise you,' he said, 'on my word of honor, I won't die on the opening of the bird season.'" -- Robert Ruark (from The Old Man and the Boy)
Garry L Gordon is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post: