View Single Post
Unread Yesterday, 10:39 PM   #8
Member
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime
Member
 
Brian Dudley's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 11,434
Thanks: 567
Thanked 21,032 Times in 5,257 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Anderson View Post
That is a beautiful gun with a great story behind it.

How did it shoot? Does it fit you well? 12ga I assume?
It shot pretty well for me. And the single trigger worked great. When I got the gun, the sears had been removed from it for museum display. So I had to put new sears in it and fortunately it went smoothly. And I had to clean decades of crud off the whole gun. It was filthy. It is a 12g. 26” barrels. Like I said, the gun was originally a pistol grip gun, but it was made as an ejector single trigger gun with a btfe. But Ilion restocked it to straight grip and also replaced the forend along with the stock. The gun is it interesting in that is is not actually “skeet choked”. It is mod choked in both barrels. And it has a bhbp. Not the “catalog” checkered butt. The records specifically call it a “skeet special” on the Ilion IBM cards. I guess it goes back to the discussion had here a while back about what makes a Skeet gun a Skeet gun.
__________________
B. Dudley
Brian Dudley is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brian Dudley For Your Post:
Visit Brian Dudley's homepage!