View Single Post
Unread Yesterday, 09:36 PM   #29
Member
Don Anderson
PGCA Member
 
Don Anderson's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Feb 2026
Posts: 72
Thanks: 133
Thanked 121 Times in 43 Posts

Default

As a new member here I can attest that I received zero negativity and tons of helpful information when I first posted here seeking information. Several members reached out with private messages and I have spoken with them on the phone. Again, all positive and helpful.

With regard to Facebook, I use it all the time. It is great way to keep up with friends and family and share pictures. As has been mentioned there are some great private groups that are well moderated, which is the key to any forum or Facebook group. Anyone can start a group and you don't have to have a server to host it. Facebook also has a pretty good search function which directs a lot of traffic to the private groups. Many are local specialized groups like Chattahoochee Tailwater fishing or North GA Kayak fishing.

On Facebook you can limit who sees your information (only friends and family) and what information you get in your feed. Of course you are going to see advertising, but that is on most web forums as well. I just scroll past.

Also the marketplace on Facebook is a great place to buy random stuff. In the past few years I've purchased 2 Yamaha dual sport motorcycles, a John Deer 650 diesel tractor and multiple 3 point implements, 2 fishing Kayaks, multiple flats of shotgun shells, 2 MEC reloaders. 2 Champion WheelyBird traps, a couple deer stands, etc etc. The marketplace has a good search feature and you can limit how many miles from your location it searches.

Oddly, the younger generations claim that Facebook has been taken over by us Boomers
Don Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Don Anderson For Your Post: