View Single Post
Unread Today, 01:07 PM   #6
Member
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member
 
Dean Romig's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 34,174
Thanks: 41,639
Thanked 38,393 Times in 13,902 Posts

Default

Your opening introduction and comments about this Parker and its history are quite astute and that wood screams original stock but I’m having a very hard time getting my head around the originality of that double fleur-di-lis extending into the wrist checkering. It doesn’t seem to have the perfection of shape and ‘roundness’ or contour of each petal of the fleur for what we expect to see on a fully original A1S. I’m not saying the wood isn’t original but IMO something’s not quite right in the treatment of the wrist.





.
__________________
"I'm a Setter man.
Not because I think they're better than the other breeds,
but because I'm a romantic - stuck on tradition - and to me, a Setter just "belongs" in the grouse picture."

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post: