View Single Post
Unread Today, 08:58 AM   #14
Member
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime
Member
 
Garry L Gordon's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 6,004
Thanks: 17,294
Thanked 13,627 Times in 4,087 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark McCombe View Post
Fortunately, years back, I got busy and never found the time to sign up for Facebook.
Now, if someone suggests I contact them through FB I can happily say that I can't do that.
My quiet revenge for all the noise that is out there, is to tune it out. We don't have a television. The few publications that come to the house are "Parker Pages" (at the top) "Lancaster Farming" and a few other farming magazines.
I can't remember the last movie I went to. So when all the stuff come out about the decline of the film industry or the print newspapers, I am immune.
When I drive the truck at night, the radio is mostly off. I have 68 years of thoughts to ponder. I hope I have another 20 or so to add to them.
The phrase "Life is short" keeps coming up as I get older. I am thankful that I have found truly wonderful friends here on the Parker site.
Honestly, Beverly and I look forward most to seeing those friends at the Southern, or Ernie's or Mike's. It's like family. There is much love amongst us, even if we don't say it out loud.
Clark, you are, as my Pop would say, “Livin’ Right.”

And…what the heck is Facebook???!
__________________
"Doubtless the good Lord could have made a better game bird than bobwhite, and better country to hunt him in...but equally doubtless, he never did." -- Guy de la Valdene (from A Handful of Feathers )

"'I promise you,' he said, 'on my word of honor, I won't die on the opening of the bird season.'" -- Robert Ruark (from The Old Man and the Boy)
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post: