View Single Post
Unread 09-27-2026, 06:40 AM   #13
Member
Clark McCombe
PGCA Lifetime
Member
 
Clark McCombe's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Dec 2024
Posts: 367
Thanks: 908
Thanked 1,104 Times in 255 Posts

Default

Until a few weeks ago I had no idea what "Claude" was. It's an AI app that I now have on my phone and basically you can ask it anything.
Main application for me is to list a load, charge, powder, primer, hull, wad, and ask its pressure and FPS. It will come back with an answer and the source, Hogdon, Lyman, ballistic etc, so it can be checked. If there are no published results, it will tell you that and give some parameters.
"Claude" must search hundred of thousands of entries in seconds. This is where I can see the benefit of AI, and if you wish you can double check. Chat GPT is similar but I don't think lists as many sources. Claude also seems to check privately tested loads that have been discussed on various forums.
Crazy as its is, you can get into a discussion with Claude and it will make suggestions on adjusting a load for lower pressure or increased FPS, whatever your desire.
Actually, its kind of frightening.
Clark McCombe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clark McCombe For Your Post: