Good eyes Jay- i saw that too
Unread 09-22-2009, 10:40 PM   #6
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Good eyes Jay- i saw that too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Gardner View Post
Caption? I can't see any caption. If the picture was taken in the early 1900's it might be a little early for Trojans. I believe the first was introduced in 1912. No Trojans, no Parkers. One bolt action someting.
First shotgun under the front bumper might be a Mauser converted after WW1 to shotgun--or what looks like a bolt handle for it might also be part of the tie rod linkage?? My "WAG" on the next 5- all field grade 12 with 28 or 30 barrels, no forearm release mechanisms shown. I think Nos. 1 and 2 (from left to right) are leFever Nitro Specials, No. 3 a AH Fox Sterlingworth, No 4 another Nitro Special and No. 5 either a Smith or maybe a Baker-just my guess.

The two dogs are sure clean, no mud or burrs after all those birds (wow, what a daily limit back then) Prairie Chickens and Sage grouse, but no pheasants or ducks shown- my guess, they were hunting Nebraska or Kansas or South Dakota wheat fields in the early October days of the seasons back then- also, the passenger side of the (Ford Model A?) is open, but none of the six gunners are in evidence- who took the foto??
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote