View Single Post
Unread 03-03-2024, 11:34 AM   #62
Harry Gietler
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 1,067 Times in 326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom tutwiler View Post
I attended the NE SXS, the Southern and the Vintage Cup last year. The Vintage Cup was a Cluster.

The NE SXS has experienced the vendor withdrawal syndrome for the past 3 years. It is a shell from the vendor standpoint from what it used to be. There used to be vendors in the garage above the tent and vendors parked on the sides all the time. That's all gone. Even the tend itself had empty vendor booths last year for the first time. CSMC didn't even attend or a few others that folks know well. The shooting venue is good and Ernie IMO does everything right. Bottom line is less folks are there.

The Southern is the current crown jewel as far as being a good place for shopping and it has 3 times the vendors of the other two places. They do sell guns, and many vendors will buy from other vendors on set up day. The shooting venue itself is overcrowded and the wait times are long. I know of folks last year that waited for 2 plus hours to shoot a round. Most folks get frustrated and go to other clays courses nearby to shoot. The Southern also does well because decent hotels nearby and some good eats (steak and BBQ) and frankly it the first event of the year and folks want to go out and play and perhaps buy something new to try out.

I've shot the Rock Mountain event and its a great course and run super well. Mike and others do a great job. For me its about 6 hours away and my wife won't let me spend too much money and force her to watch the dog pack.

Shame about the Vintage Cup, but I feel that event is going to be conflicting with early hunting seasons and will suffer for that reason. As of now the Southern is King as it hits lots of what folks want and its timing as being the first event of the season is perfect.
Tom, I said the same thing about the N.E. last year. I had to buy a ''Knive Proof'' vest for My Back, ben told to stop my whininy,(NO COOKIES FOR ME)
Glad to see some other guys see the same things I see. That's why we need a change to Mid West Shoots. It will bring the shoots back
''TO LIFE''.

Harry
Harry Gietler is offline   Reply With Quote