View Single Post
Unread 02-24-2024, 10:45 AM   #8
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,247 Times in 2,776 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James L. Martin View Post
Tom, I agree. I wonder what happened to move it from Pennsylvania. Also October is grouse and woodcock season.
Yes Jim, it is grouse and woodcock season. It also begins in September in Maine. September is also the beginning of dove and October ushers in archery for deer and bear in PA. Once the calendar turns to September there's pretty much some sort of upland, big game or waterfowl hunting season open, especially in PA, through mid-April. As much as I enjoy hunting, when the weather is nice and there's a SxS tournament, the clays win out. I don't have to chase them or clean them and I can shoot 1000+ clays in a four day event. I can't do that hunting!! Someone will say Argentina. That's all well and good but not everyone has a passport or the desire to travel that far for dove and pigeon.

My point is, speaking as a range owner, there are only so many weeks to choose from to host a multi-day event. Weather is the main determining factor. Hunting seasons are something we don't really factor in as a small percentage of shooters choose birds over clays. It is what it is,
Mike Koneski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike Koneski For Your Post:
Visit Mike Koneski's homepage!