Thread: Allan Swanson
View Single Post
Unread 12-20-2023, 04:00 PM   #25
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,678 Times in 3,458 Posts

I’d heard Swanson stories several times before I ever saw or met the man . I was walking in to the annual meeting think it was three years ago in the Vestal NY area . And as walking in the two fellows I was with told me he’d be there , so me being the smart ass I am sometimes I asked them if I should tell him a fellow he didn’t care for in VA had said hello , as a joke . They both gave me stern looks so I didn’t. After the meeting was over there was a small group having drinks which we joined . And this fellow that I think is the Prez of the organization commented to Swanson that the person I had thoughts of mentioning had said hello , he nodded his head and had a drink . A year or so later I was kinda looking for a set of 20 gauge hammer barrels and about 21:00 that night I got a call , the person introduced themself but to be honest I didn’t totally understand what he said . Anyway he told me some places to look for the barrels and the conversation went in several directions eventually going to the annual meeting the year or two before that . I told him the story mentioned above and he was chuckling while I was talking . When I was finished he said I’m Allan Swanson and of course I profusely apologized and he laughed telling me the way I told it made him laugh