View Single Post
Unread 11-18-2023, 08:35 AM   #14
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,907 Times in 3,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Sacco View Post
I noted at the Southern in Sanford last time I was there a great number of the guns displayed by CSMC had outstanding and shiny case coloring. Foxes, Parkers, LCs, Arriettas..it didn't matter, they were all clearly sprayed with something. When I asked Louis if they sprayed all their guns he just walked away (he's quite a guy let me tell you). Maybe I offended him, but DO some dealers spray their guns prior to display? The give away would have been the overspray or over "brush" onto some of the wood and I wondered if they removed this prior to shipping.
Years ago I purchased some "stuff" from CSMC that was advertised as protecting case colors. It turned the metal yellow.

My CSMC Fox definitely has had something applied to it as I see it wearing off. The colors still look great but are beginning to fade as any often used guns colors will over time.
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote