View Single Post
Unread 06-15-2023, 09:57 AM   #11
Wild Skies
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,645 Times in 996 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by David C Porter View Post
I find the opinions on the recoil pad interesting. I've seen several with pads an have assumed they were added later, but giving more thought to it since I have owned 5 that were in their original boxes that have the end sticker with info. check boxs to mark. there is a box for skeleton buttplate & another box for rubber. So, it appears you could get a P. R. With a recoil pad. If anyone has a P. R. with a factory recoil pad it would be nice to know what type/manufacture pad they used
We've discussed the rubber butt in the past. In the linked thread below from 2009 Richard Skeuse posted that a rubber butt was never factory installed, but rather added aftermarket. Subsequently, I believe it has been stated that the rubber butt on the Repro boxes was actually meant to be a hard rubber butt plate -- but that was never implemented. In addition, in a Parker Reproductions Newsletter, a factory installed leather covered recoil pad was considered for the Sporting Clays Classic model and also to be made available aftermarket for Repro owners and their guns previously purchased with skeleton butts. But, those too; were never implemented.

Link to previous discussion: https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=243

The Newsletter considering the leather covered recoil pad:
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_0181.jpeg (177.7 KB, 19 views)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Greg Baehman For Your Post: