Unread 03-13-2021, 06:58 PM   #20
Tom Flanigan
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,253 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Romig View Post
Tom - back off!

To each his own. I’m not a proponent of such things either but you do it your way (which is admirable) and others will do it theirs. Sheeesh...

My comment wasn't aimed at you Dean. But I am passionate about some things and taking shots beyond reasonable range is one of them. Those are living creatures we are hunting and they deserve a quick death. Some people don't give a damn as long at they get a hit and those are the one's I have a problem with.

Years ago I hunted ducks in Tivoli, NY in an estuary of the Hudson River. Sky busting was common there. Right or wrong, I always screamed at them and if they didn't stop I'd walk right up to their blinds and give them a verbal thrashing. It never came to blows but I was ready if it did. Foolish? Yes, but I was passionate about wounded birds and still am. My retriever used to find a lot of still alive birds in Tivoli. I always killed them and included in my bag which used to anger me also.

I really don't care how people hunt as long as they have consideration for the game. The trend towards super guns and super loads and long shots gets to me. It encourages those with less experience to try to stretch things, sometimes wounding game. It's all wrong in my opinion.
Tom Flanigan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tom Flanigan For Your Post: