View Single Post
Unread 05-24-2019, 09:36 AM   #1
Member
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member
 
Dean Romig's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 34,178
Thanks: 41,652
Thanked 38,398 Times in 13,904 Posts

Default

Unfortunately not all of us are able to get to country where there are still wild pheasants. But in my youth in eastern Mass, with a borrowed Trojan 12, I would walk up as many as 40 birds in a half-day. I go back there in my mind sometimes while sitting by a warm fire in the woodstove.





.
__________________
"I'm a Setter man.
Not because I think they're better than the other breeds,
but because I'm a romantic - stuck on tradition - and to me, a Setter just "belongs" in the grouse picture."

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post: